- Hockenheim is an old-school track. I like them better than the sterile Tilke tracks.
- Nothing exploded at work today.
- Today was the first day in 28 days where the temperature was lower than 90 degrees. I’ll take it.
- I have awesome friends. Not many, mind you, but the ones I have are absolutely incredible.
- I may actually have a little time to knit this weekend.
Today’s edition is kind of a music edition. Chris is traveling, so I have my music cranked and I’m singing. Loudly. These five songs are all songs I can’t help but sing at top volume. (Aren’t you glad you don’t live close to me?)
- Tori Amos, “Pretty Good Year”
- Mumford & Sons, “Little Lion Man”
- GLaDOS & Jonathan Coulton, “Still Alive”
- Bon Iver, “Holocene”
- Peter Gabriel, “Solsbury Hill”
Music’s important, man.
I figure any war against embitterment can use as many people as possible, so I’m going to give this a shot. Maybe it’ll get me accustomed to posting more over here. This site is quickly becoming a repository for the Attrition Game and YouTube videos I don’t want to lose.
Without further ado….
- I have access to central air conditioning. This is WONDERFUL, considering mid-MO’s been in the midst of a massive heat wave for over a month.
- I now know how to play chess. I never thought I’d be able to learn. Now I have the rest of my life to hone my skills. This makes me incredibly happy.
- I worked out over lunch, so now my evening’s completely free.
- The last FOX race is on this weekend. (I may use this more than once. Is that against the rules?)
Yes, I realize everyone did this back in 2010 and stuff. What can I say…things take a little longer to get to mid-Missouri?